This is a guest post from my amazing friend Kristi Bush...who I might add is having a Birthday TOMORROW! (Happy Birthday Kristi!!!)Being in the fitness business for twenty years now people assume I must watch and love the show The Biggest Loser. Don’t watch it and don’t love it. Truth is… it’s a bit unrealistic. The trainers have a short, unrealistic amount of time to produce results in the contestants and they yell and scream at them (I think they yell and scream because they want to be the winning team trainer). In my line of work, most people would walk out if I said and acted that way. I can be tough if I need to be, but I still have to be respectful.
I do like a few things about the show. It does give people hope that a new body is achievable. But the main reason contestants are losing weight is not because Jillian Anderson is yelling “one more, come on you can do it” in their faces but because they have made a complete shift in lifestyle. And that is the key to permanent weight loss and a healthy, fit body. And since most of us will not be plucked out of everyday life and forced to instantly change our lifestyle in front millions of viewers, here is what we can do; change a few things by setting small, realistic and achievable goals for yourself. Positive results from those little changes spark more and more little changes until you wake up one day and realize you have a new body. Making slow, permanent life style changes is the only way to completely turn your health around. The Biggest Loser gives us hope and shows us that it is possible to completely turn your life around. But only if you change your lifestyle! And remember this: the slower it takes for the weight to come off (about 1-3 pounds per week) the more permanent the change! Now that is realistic.
Take care of yourself and love, love, love your body! It’s the only one you’ve got!
Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment