
I'm apparently on a soapbox this week about healthy eating... i guess after about a week of NOT eating healthy, it has jumped to the front of the line and I am fixated on the importance of it. The good news, at least I think, is that I'm not the only one!
Our First Lady, Michelle Obama and me are petting the same dog... she too is a a big advocate of a healthy diet and active lifestyle. And I think just by looking at her...that's pretty obvious.
here's an excerpt from the article the NY Times ran the other day.
"White House officials say the focus on healthy living will be a significant item on Mrs. Obama’s agenda, which already includes supporting working families and military spouses. As the nation battles an obesity epidemic and a hard-to-break taste for oversweetened and oversalted dishes, her message is clear: Fresh, nutritious foods are not delicacies to be savored by the wealthy, but critical components of the diets of ordinary and struggling families." CLICK HERE to continue reading the rest of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment