Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Am Officially On Newcation!

I don't know about the rest of you but I personally have been spending WAY too much time listening, watching and reading the news. Let me first say that I do think it is important, to an extent, to be aware of what is going on in the world in which we live. That being said... I would now like to encourage you to take a news vacation... a newcation if you will.
It seems like no matter what station you are tuned into it is nothing but a constant beating over the head of BAD, DEPRESSING, FEARFUL news.
Between all the nonsense of the presidential campaign and the endless speculation about a global economic collapse... no WONDER everyone has been so cranky and on edge lately. I actually tried to have the guy at Starbucks today add some Xanax and Prozac to my soy latte... I am getting desperate! And then it occurred to me, when I am not listening to the news, I am in a pretty good mood. The sun has been shining, the leaves are starting to turn, there is a crisp chill in the air and the moon at night has been just out of conTROL gorgeous. THOSE things make me happy... the news...not so much.
There is really nothing we can do to control what happens in the world...but we CAN control what we let effect us. Spend the next couple of days paying attention to what makes you happy, go out and get some fresh air and let your dog go ahead and chew up the paper.
Recuerdos,
S.

No comments: