
I did NOT feel like going to the gym today... something i'm sure a lot of you can relate to. I ended up going...and here's how it happened. I thought to myself...i won't take a shower, i'll just go in nasty. The next thing I knew, I was in the shower, because I told myself...i'll take a shower but I WON'T do anything with my hair...just put on a hat and GO. The next thing I knew I was out of the shower and putting stuff in my hair getting ready to walk out the door. The point I'm trying to make is not about whether or not my hair looked good today...(it DID for those of you who are just DYING to know) the point here is that everything can be broken down into little baby steps that get things done. It's called inertia, a body at rest tends to stay at rest... a body in motion, tends to stay in motion. All I did this morning to get going was get the ball rolling, everything else just fell into place once I STARTED to do something in the direction of where I wanted to go. I'm going to try and remember this all the time! Every time I don't want to do something or I don't think I know HOW to do something...start by breaking it down into small, manageable steps. What have YOU accomplished simply by getting the ball rolling???
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment