I know I talk to you all a lot about being active and doing SOMEthing each day to move you closer to having the body you want and/or the life you want... I think today I want to talk to you about the importance of doing nothing.
So, of course if you know me by now you know that I don't mean doing NOTHING. What I mean is the importance of downtime. It is SO important to schedule time for yourSELF to relax and recharge. I think one of the reasons I am mentioning this is because it is something I am REALLY struggling with right now. I am working 7 days a week... the reason I am doing that of course is because I honestly LOVE what I do. But I am starting to notice that without a single day off...even the things you love doing can become tedious and feel like an obligation instead of a privilege.
Another reason to take some time for yourself and recharge is for the other people in your life; friends, family, loved ones and co-workers. If you aren't giving anything back to yourself... pretty soon you will have nothing left to give to anyone else. It is impossible to take care of others if you don't take care of yourself!
As I encourage you to do with pretty much everything...start with small steps. Schedule ONE DAY A WEEK that YOU can give back to YOURSELF! The world is not going to end if you spend an afternoon looking through magazines and having coffee at a bookstore. The sun will come up again if you spend all day in your rose garden. Do whatever it is you enjoy doing. Then I would like to ask you to look at your calendar for the upcoming year and SCHEDULE some time off. Take your vacation time! MAKE your vacation time!! I like to have one vacation a year (whether I go anywhere or not) and then about 3 or 4 mini-vacations (like a long weekend in another city). That way there is always something to look forward to, and believe me... they come around sooner than you think!
So, since I have encouraged you all to do something that I myself am personally struggling with... I am now asking for YOUR help to make sure that I am practicing what I preach. Ask me in a couple of days if I now have a day off once in a while.
Recuerdos,
S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment