
We always hear people say, "you are what you eat." How many times do you ever stop and think...You are what you DRINK?? As the weather is getting colder I find that I am much more likely to consume more empty calories than normal...just because of the things I like to DRINK in the fall and winter. During warmer months drinking a lot of water just comes naturally, it's light, refreshing and helps cool me down... but the chill in the air makes my thoughts turn to high calorie, sugary drinks. I'm not even talking about booze and cocktails either...that's a whole other story. What I'm talking about now are the drinks you find in coffee shops... either a Starbucks or your own favorite local place to go. I have a thing for a Spiced Carmel Apple Cider in the fall...to me it's like Autumn in a cup. The only problem is...it's over 300 calories of Autumn in a cup.. and THAT'S if I leave off the whipped cream. Mmmmm, whipped cream....
I am certainly not saying to never treat yourself and have a mochachocacarmelpeppermintpumpkinapplebrowninebitespice latte with whipped cream and extra sprinkles drizzled with carmel and chocolate. I'm simply just reminding you to be aware of not only the foods you are eating...but pay attention to what you are drinking as well.
To put into a little bit of perspective, a pretty hardcore Spin class will burn around 500 calories that is about the SAME NUMBER OF CALORIES AS A VENTI CINNAMON DOLCE LATTE at Starbucks. Is that one drink worth what you just put yourself through taking a Spin class from some jackass like me!?!?! Think about it!
Recuerdos,
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment