Thursday, January 29, 2009

Be Grateful For What You Have.

"He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have." ~ Socrates

This is a particularly important lesson to learn during our rather uncertain economic times. It sounds simple and I suppose it really is...however it seems hard to put into practice sometimes. There is always something pretty and shiny that can catch our eyes and then the next thing ya know we find ourselves saying, "wow...if I had THAT I would be SO happy!!!"
But how many times have we fallen for that before and we've gotten what we thought we just HAD to have in order to ensure our happiness and once the NEW wears off...we're right back to where we were?
There is nothing wrong with setting goals and trying to achieve ... just spend a little time trying to figure out WHY you want to achieve certain things or get certain objects. If it's in accordance with your life vision... go for it. If it's purely ego driven, I would suggest taking a step back and re-prioritizing a couple of things.
That's all for today...

No comments: