
It almost seems wrong for me to be writing this for the simple fact that I make a living by making people exercise and helping them on their way to their fitness goals... but it also seems to make perfect sense too. Is that what they call a paradox? When I was in college (yes...i did...can you believe it!?!?) I had two professors that were married to each other and their email address was PairADocs@somethin'orother.com but I'm digressing now.
The point I am trying to make is that ultimately YOUR fitness is up to YOU. It is a CHOICE you make. You can read everything in the world that TELLS you that you need to workout, you can listen to your doctor, your friends or even ME for that matter telling you how important it is or how fun it can be or whatever. BUT...no matter what, it still has to be your choice! You are the one that must CHOOSE to do some form of exercise, to move your body, to sweat. You can choose when to do but you must choose...on a daily basis to do it, or not.
Fitness isn't something you go out and buy...it's a way of life. It has to do with setting goals, it has to do with what you choose to eat, what you choose to drink. Whether you want to go for a run or meet the gang at the bar and knock back some pints and a basket of buffalo wings...it's all a choice.
So as we start the new year and you have your resolutions fresh in your mind...start paying attention to all the little choices you make on a daily basis and ask yourself...does this take me CLOSER to my goal...or farther away.
Cheers,
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment