I squeaked in under the wire and got my taxes FILED and PAID yesterday evening... beating tonight's midnight deadline by a few hours. I was kind of bothered at first about having to send, what to ME, is a big chunk of money to the government. I know I am not alone in this but I sure could have thought of a MILLION things I would have RATHER done with it...again, I HAVE mentioned to you all before my particular affinity for monkeys right? ANYway, the point is, it really got me thinking about what I do for a living and THAT helped me put it all into a little perspective. I know there is this sort of ABSTRACT way of looking at taxes by thinking about all the services that our provided etc, etc. But at the end of the day I think we all basically look at the money we pay in and how it DIRECTLY impacts US. Here is how the whole "putting it into perspective" thing worked out.I ENJOY what I do for a living. It's something I am PASSIONATE about, I get to HELP other people not only get physically stronger, but also emotionally stronger!
I have had SOO many jobs in the past, some of which I would put in the "ok" category, others were just down-right MISERABLE... It got me to thinking about how I used to have to pay my taxes based off the earnings of HORRIBLE jobs that sucked the absolute SOUL out of my being and how GRATEFUL I am that THIS year I still have to pay taxes, but THIS time, I earned my salary doing something that I enjoyed doing and I can tell you THAT makes a HUGE difference!
What about you, are you paying taxes this year for spending 8-12 hours a day doing something that you ENJOY doing or something that you HATE doing? If you are doing something you hate...what can you do to start changing that? What do you LOVE doing? What are YOU passionate about? How can you BEGIN taking steps towards turning that LOVE into your income?
Just something to think about...seriously. What do YOU want YOUR story to be!?!?
cheers,
S.
No comments:
Post a Comment