I was doing my workout today when it struck me.... I am not enjoying this... and it's HARD! A different kind of hard than my normal workouts. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE hard workouts and I enjoy pushing myself to the outer limits. No, today's hard was different, my MIND wasn't in it... I could not stay focused and every step of the run was a struggle. I kept TRYing to tell myself to just keep going... just keep putting one foot in front of the other, the end result is the same whether you ENJOYED the process or not. That's when it struck me... sometimes we just have days when we are not functioning at full capacity and that instead of FORCING ourselves through the motions, instead of FIGHTING to keep at whatever it is we are doing, we just need to let go a bit. Did I burn 100 less calories than I intended to today...yes. Did the world come crashing down around my ankles as a result of that...well, the day is not officially over yet but I am pretty sure I'm out of the woods. There is a difference between pushing ourselves and FORCING ourselves and I urge you to listen to your body and what it's trying to tell you and learn to distinguish between the two.
Be your own best friend...cut yourself some slack once in a while.
S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment