Begin Exercising Gradually.
This is the same sort of thing I tell my clients, don't try to change your ENTIRE life with an intense weight loss and workout plan. Start small. All you really want to do to start with is to make a commitment to yourself moving. I would suggest you start moving for even just 10 to 15 minutes a day for 30 days straight!
* Type of exercise: If you used to run or bike, then start by adding that back into your life. If you have never really done anything, start walking, find a way to get to a treadmill or rowing machine, find a good hiking trail. What type of activity you choose to do isn't as important as you actually DOING it!
* Start out really easy: I see this happen...a LOT. Folks start out completely excited and ready to go and then..burn out. Then the inevitable skipping a couple of workouts happen and then BAM the plan has failed, all attempts to exercise have been abortedand then they're right back to where they were in the first place.... not doing anything.
*Try your HARDEST to do it EVERY day! Keep track of the days you do SOMETHING on a visible calender... mark it with big gold stars, big red X's or whatever you need to do so that you can easily SEE when you've done it...and hopefully this won't be the case,but also when you didn't.
* Find a time during the day when you prefer to do it and set that time aside for yourself...every day!
* Strength: In addition to your walking, hiking or biking... you need to incorporate some strength exercises into the mix. Again though, keeping with starting off easy and working your way up...don't start with anything too hard the first couple of weeks. Try just doing some pushups, sit-ups, lunges and squats using no extra weight, you may be surprised just how effective of a workout you can get using just your own body weight.
* START! This is the most important step to this whole process...just START! Today... I did NOT want to get out of bed and go do my workout. You wanna know what I did? I told myself that I didn't HAVE to workout, but I DID have to get out of bed, get dressed and GO. Once I got there, I started warming up and the next thing I know... I finished my workout.
Tell yourself you're just going to do 5 minutes...chances are once you start, you'll probably keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment