Replace fatty and greasy foods with healthier foods.
I don't want you to think of yourself as "going on a diet" because you're NOT! You ARE going to take a look at WHAT you eat and try to start replacing some of the BAD FOR YOU foods with healthier options.
Examples: Let's just say hypothetically that you really like your fried chicken... try replacing that with baked instead. You can find recipes out there that are LIKE fried chicken but don't involve the actual frying part. Want a big juicy hamburger? I found that it isn't so much the BURGER I enjoy as the bread with the onions and pickles and mustard... try substituting a burger for a verggie burger or a portobello mushroom. Pizza junkie? No problem, make your own with a store-bought pizza crust and load it UP with veggies, olive oil, go easy on the cheese and you have a very great tasting, healthy alternative to your usual meat lovers combo.
Gradual Changes: Here's where I'm going to be nice to you...again! And some people say I'm a total hard ass (you know who you are) Don't try changing out all your foods overnight. After you complete the first 30-day exercise challenge from step 1... start a second 30-day food challenge by replacing just ONE fatty food a day with a healthier option. Then, after that...begin replacing more and more of your unhealthy choices with healthy ones!
* Exercise: In this second month, start tweaking your exercise program just a little bit too. You should be able at this point to start gradually increasing the length of your workouts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment