Replace Sugary Foods With Healthier Treats.
The next food group we are going to zero in is sugary foods. We're going to do the same thing here with the sugary foods that we did with the fatty, greasy foods... we're going to eliminate them one at a time with healthier options.
* Challenge: Here we go again with another 30-day challenge, this time it's for sweets. Can you go one whole month without them!?!? As I have been doing this whole time... I would encourage a gradual approach to this as well and just try to start having less every day.
* Cheat Day: This is one of my favorite days EVER and I suggest you add one in once a week for yourself! My cheat day is every SUNDAY and I LOVE IT! I get to eat what I want on that day, I can have a sugary dessert or two or some chips and salsa or whatever I'm craving. The goal here is not to GORGE and completely pig out but to enjoy some of the foods that you have cut out.
* Alternatives: Find alternatives to the sweets you are used to eating and stock up on them and then get RID of the sweets in your house so you're not tempted in a moment of weakness! If you usually have a candy bar for a snack... try having an apple or a banana with some peanut butter instead, or some veggies and hummus. A lot of times we eat, just to have something to munch on.
* Drinks: A lot of people for some reason seem to think that the things they DRINK don't count towards their caloric intake. This is a big mistake...HUGE! The best thing you can drink is WATER. Try to cut out all the sugary sodas and juices. Most every juice on the market is just a well disguised sugar water full of empty calories and artificial flavors and colors...really!?!?! NO GOOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment